Claim existing Facebook Business Page
Claiming rather than creating a Facebook Page is a bit more difficult, however if you happen to find an unofficial Page for your business, you should start the claiming process. Most Page activities such as reviews, check-ins, likes, and many others will stay intact.
- Accelerates the process.
- Prevents user confusion by not creating Page duplicates.
- Existing unofficial Pages may already have accumulated likes, reviews, etc.
- That this is an unofficial Page for your business.
- That the page be unclaimed or unmanaged by someone else.
- That you have immediate access to the listed phone number, or have documents such as a utility bills that you can upload immediately.
Step by Step:
- Click Is this your business? below the Page’s cover photo.
- Be ready to either answer an automated phone call that will provide you with a code that you will have to type, or to upload pictures of utility bills.
- Follow the final on-screen instructions. This process is quick, however the approval process can take from a few minutes to a couple days.
If there was in fact an existing and unclaimed page for your business, be glad it was available for you to claim. It’d be a bigger issue if there was an existing page created by a former employee, a greedy agency, or the previous owner.