Merge Facebook Business Page Duplicates
If you’re putting any effort on Facebook marketing, Page duplicates can become a big headache, unless they are currently unclaimed.
Page duplicates are a constant issue we find, and they can be hard and even impossible to reclaim, specially if the Page was created by an employee or an agency unwilling to cooperate.
However difficult, the benefits outweigh the pain, and you should at all cost try to merge existing pages rather than leave unattended.
- More control of your online presence.
- Users won’t be confused as to where to check-in or which page to like.
- Increases “official” business page organic reach.
- Reviews and Likes are combined.
- That you are an administrator of the pages you’d like to merge.
- That the information on both pages match, and are for the same business.
Step by Step:
- If you aren’t the administrator of both Pages, gain access by either claiming your Page or by contacting the administrator of the duplicate.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/merge/
- Select the two Pages that you’d like to merge.
- Select which Page you want to remain, and which one will be merged.
- Click on Request Merge.
The Page you want to keep will remain unchanged, except for the addition of people who like the Page and check-ins that were merged from the other Page. The Page you don’t want to keep will be removed from Facebook, and you won’t be able to un-merge it.