Get the most out of your Facebook Business Page
Once you’ve created or claimed you Facebook Page, the next step is to optimize it to increase its organic reach. There’s additional information that visitors are looking for such as your business hours, your website, your price range, etc. It only takes a few minutes but the impact can be great.
- It takes less than 20 minutes to optimize.
- Better organic ranking.
- Easier for visitors to find what they’re looking for. E.g. business hours, email, etc.
- Better rankings for more keywords or categories.
- Easier to locate and promote with a custom URL.
- For custom URL you need at least 25 likes.
- If you add email, you must be able to verify it.
Step by Step:
- Go to your Facebook page. If you manage several, go to the Pages Bookmark and find it.
- Click on the About tab.
- Click on Add a Button. If you run a local business, add a Contact you > Call Now option. If you sell online, Shop with you > Shop Now.
- Click on Edit Page Info and provide available info:
- Additional categories
- Phone number
- Depending on your main category, you may have additional options such as menu link, payment methods, etc.
- Click on @username (AKA vanity URL) that you can promote on your business cards or flyers. Keep it short.
- NOTE: You may need at least 25 likes.
- Click on Edit Other Accounts and provide additional social media accounts.
- Click on + Tell people about your business and add image, title and description.
- Designate additional users such admins, editors, etc.
- Verify your page by following these instructions.
- Fix potential issues such as page duplicates, remove restrictions, etc.
By following these steps, you will increase your page visibility without spending a dime. Many of our existing clients had one or several of these issues, and by taking an additional 20 minutes, they could’ve been avoided.