Facebook groups; A free underused marketing tool.
Facebook is constantly evolving, and looking for new and innovative ways for getting users involved in the platform.
Facebook groups can be of great benefit to your marketing efforts, and many of the have thousands of local potential customers waiting for you to reach out.
If you’re not currently using them, you should consider it. They are free and most of them allow businesses to promote their products or services.
- You can create one for free.
- You can connect it to your Facebook business Page.
- You can join existing groups.
- You can join some groups either as yourself or as your brand.
- There’s no need to create content. Members provide it.
- There are tools that can automatize posting on these groups.
- They may take years to grow.
- Some groups may not let you advertise at all or for free.
- They can be spammed, and some users may cause drama.
Join a Group:
- Go to www.facebook.com/groups or perform a search for keywords such as garage sales, community sales, buy and sell, etc.
- NOTE: Try to find a group that best match your industry, and if you’re a local business, make sure they are within your range.
- Click on Join.
- Select whether you’d like to join the group as yourself or as a Business Page.
- NOTE: Some groups won’t allow you to join as a Page, and they will ask you a few questions before they approve your request.
- Click Join Group.
Before you start promoting your business and to avoid being blocked or removed from a group, make sure the group allows business advertising, or contact the administrator or moderator of the group and ask for permission.
- Go to the group where you’d like to advertise.
- Click on What are you selling?.
- Select Sell Something. Additionally you can Start Discussion, do a Live Video, etc. There are more options under More.
- NOTE: We’ve found that Sell Something, Start Discussion or Watch Party are the best ways of promoting products or services.
- Click on Next.
- Select whether you’d like to sell on more than one group, including the Marketplace.
- Click on Post.
If you find it hard to join a group that allows business advertising, or you’d like to have a group of your own, you can create a free one.
Create a group:
- Click Create in the top right of Facebook and select Group.
- Enter your group name, add group members and then choose the privacy setting for your group.
- Click Create.
Once your group is created, make sure you navigate over to Edit Group Settings and finish setting it up. You can link additional groups, change theme color, link to your Business Page, and much more.
To advertise, just follow our step by step under Start Advertising section.